It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 56 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bama, FSU, Oregon. Who is better?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:11 am 
Redshirt

Mr. Pink wrote:
Some very short-term memories in these posts. Many seem to forget that FSU dominates most every year, and chokes away a game they should clearly win (Wake, BC, Maryland, etc.). Not that it will be the case this year as I think they win out as well, but it is no gimme. Miami will play them tough, UF in a hated rivalry game, and then a good VaTech team in the ACC championship game <- That's not cake walk.

Oregon and Stanford are 2-2 over the last 4 years and Stanford beat them last year. With the Trees getting a breathe of life tonight I wouldn't be surprised if they win out. They are a very dangerous team and have what it takes to beat UO.... Utah was an outlier.

Bama will obviously not be jumped if we win out, and if we do then what happens with the other teams isn't our concern.

If Bama does lose (I would guess only to LSU) then we still win the SEC with 1 loss. If those other teams lose, which is still very likely, then there is a very good chance we still get in. Two years in a row we have proven beyond a doubt that we are the best team in the country, even with a loss. If it comes down to one undefeated team and a couple of 1-loss teams then Bama should get the nod hands down.

Don't look now but if our one loss is not to LSU but to Auburn (and they win the rest of their games), then the Barn goes to Atlanta. I know that seems farfetched and unthinkable, but so was the 2010 Iron Bowl.

And as we saw today, crazy s--t happens in the SEC, particularly where Auburn is concerned. The crucial horsecollar no-call late in the game today is a perfect example of the charmed life they sometimes lead. Who can ever forget Ingram's twenty-yard-on-a-straight-line fumble (for a touchback) against those b-----d in 2010? You could try to duplicate the trajectory of that ball down the sideline for the next ten years and never see it happen. But somehow, it did.

If I didn't know better, I'd think somebody down there made a deal with the devil. Pat Dye?

Of course, they think Nick Saban is the devil. I hope he gives them one more reason to in a few weeks. I'd rather win that one than the damn NCG.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:40 am 
Gamechanger

Georgia should be pretty healed up by the time they play Auburn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:27 am 
That Guy

nattybumppo wrote:
Don't look now but if our one loss is not to LSU but to Auburn (and they win the rest of their games), then the Barn goes to Atlanta. I know that seems farfetched and unthinkable, but so was the 2010 Iron Bowl.

Of course, they think Nick Saban is the devil. I hope he gives them one more reason to in a few weeks. I'd rather win that one than the damn NCG.

Yes I know AU is better positioned to win the West than anyone other than Bama, but I highly doubt they knock Bama off. This is a lot different than in 2010 because there is no Cam. AU isn't a one trick do-it-all pony. They are just another fast paced offense that we have knocked off time after time. Before this weekend, LSU was playing some outstanding football and Mett looked like the real deal. They certainly don't seem that way now, but we all know they have it in them.

I am with you on the IB. If Bama doesn't win the NC then I won't be mad... upset sure, but it won't bother me as much as a loss to AU would. If AU is the reason we don't win the NC, then that would piss me off.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:49 am 
All-American

philipbrassell wrote:
I'm not really sure who's gonna beat Baylor in the Big 12

Not flames, but I really don't think it matters. They ain't getting in the conversation without an impressive win. We'll see how they look when they play Oklahoma and Texas and even Texas Tech.

Auburn is much improved, they've gotten their usual luck, and they stole two games they shouldn't have in Ole Miss and aTm. Their defensive front four is formidable and I wish we would have gotten Karl Lawson to line up beside A'Shawn. But their back 7 sucks and Evans lit them up like a Christmas tree yesterday...worse than he did us. Nick Marshall is still a turnover waiting to happen. Auburn is winning because they lead the SEC in RUSHING. They have played two teams with a good rush defense: LSU, who beat their ass and MSU who almost beat them but their offense sucks. The rest of the teams they have played have a defense like a sieve. They will beat down FAU this week, continue moving up and continue to roll their wires and toot their own horn. I'm not sure they can beat the new and improved UT. If UGA is healthy, they don't beat UGA. And they damn sure ain't running the football on the Tide so that doesn't bode well for them. I wish the b-----d played Missou, who would smack them around. Just have to hold your nose and put up with them for a few more weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:24 am 
Starter

Howell_To_Hutson wrote:
Even if Mizzu goes undefeated I don't know they would get enough respect to play for all the marbles if both Oregon and FSU goes undefeated.

Even if they win the SECCG? No way they would be left out at that point. Not going to happen. Based on your scenario of those three undefeated teams, it would be Oregon vs Mizzou in the BCSNCG.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:27 am 
Starter

killer instinct wrote:
... and continue to roll their wires ....

:haha: LOL at the mental image of that! :haha:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:39 am 
Heisman Winner

HiFiGuy wrote:
Howell_To_Hutson wrote:
Even if Mizzu goes undefeated I don't know they would get enough respect to play for all the marbles if both Oregon and FSU goes undefeated.

Even if they win the SECCG? No way they would be left out at that point. Not going to happen. Based on your scenario of those three undefeated teams, it would be Oregon vs Mizzou in the BCSNCG.

In previous years I would have said yes but the national hatred for the SEC now makes me question. PAC 12 and the ACC both have championship games and right now the apparent winners of those conferences are ranked higher.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:14 am 
HS Prospect

Heisenberg wrote:
Both Oregon and FSU keep their foot on the jugular when the games are clearly over. Bama backs off so the stats will be skewed at the end of the year. I think bama would physically beat the s--t out of oregon over the course of four quarters. FSU would be a hell of a game.

Exactly. While I think it's possible that both FSU and Oregon's starting 11 on offense may be better, our defense is better than both. If we meet either in the BCSCG, I think, if we can get to the 2nd half relatively close in score, we drag them into deep water and drowned the with our depth (and experience).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:18 am 
All-American

CrimsonFever wrote:
Georgia should be pretty healed up by the time they play Auburn.

I have to believe they're done mentally though. Richt teams aren't usually the toughest and it wouldn't shock me for them to shut some of those guys down for the rest of the year at this point. they had high goals this year and once you fail to reach those goals your team is not the same. ex.) us against Utah in 08 after Florida basically ruined our season in the SECCG. I'm going with the Barn in that one

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:24 am 
Scout Teamer

HiFiGuy wrote:
Howell_To_Hutson wrote:

Ahhhh no. Absolutely not. MISSOURI would not jump FSU. they were in the big 12 year before last. Why in the world would you think they would jump FSU.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:27 am 
Scout Teamer

killer instinct wrote:
philipbrassell wrote:

Not flames, but I really don't think it matters. They ain't getting in the conversation without an impressive win. We'll see how they look when they play Oklahoma and Texas and even Texas Tech.

Auburn is much improved, they've gotten their usual luck, and they stole two games they shouldn't have in Ole Miss and aTm. Their defensive front four is formidable and I wish we would have gotten Karl Lawson to line up beside A'Shawn. But their back 7 sucks and Evans lit them up like a Christmas tree yesterday...worse than he did us. Nick Marshall is still a turnover waiting to happen. Auburn is winning because they lead the SEC in RUSHING. They have played two teams with a good rush defense: LSU, who beat their ass and MSU who almost beat them but their offense sucks. The rest of the teams they have played have a defense like a sieve. They will beat down FAU this week, continue moving up and continue to roll their wires and toot their own horn. I'm not sure they can beat the new and improved UT. If UGA is healthy, they don't beat UGA. And they damn sure ain't running the
football on the Tide so that doesn't bode well for them. I wish the b-----d played Missou, who would smack them around. Just have to hold your nose and put up with them for a few more weeks.

This. Alot of wierd AU worship on this board. Smells like split allegiances to me. This is the first cclear headed view I have read.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:31 am 
Scout Teamer

BAMAFEVER wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Both Oregon and FSU keep their foot on the jugular when the games are clearly over. Bama backs off so the stats will be skewed at the end of the year. I think bama would physically beat the s--t out of oregon over the course of four quarters. FSU would be a hell of a game.

Exactly. While I think it's possible that both FSU and Oregon's starting 11 on offense may be better, our defense is better than both. If we meet either in the BCSCG, I think, if we can get to the 2nd half relatively close in score, we drag them into deep water and drowned the with our depth (and experience).

Not sure our running game isn't the best of the three at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 am 
5-Star Recruit

Watched all three last night and I don't think the Ducks are in the same league as us or FSU. The Ducks' offensive line would get absolutely mauled by Bama or FSU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 am 
Heisman Winner

FSU looked pretty damn good last night.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 am 
Scout Teamer

nattybumppo wrote:
Mr. Pink wrote:
Some very short-term memories in these posts. Many seem to forget that FSU dominates most every year, and chokes away a game they should clearly win (Wake, BC, Maryland, etc.). Not that it will be the case this year as I think they win out as well, but it is no gimme. Miami will play them tough, UF in a hated rivalry game, and then a good VaTech team in the ACC championship game <- That's not cake walk.

Oregon and Stanford are 2-2 over the last 4 years and Stanford beat them last year. With the Trees getting a breathe of life tonight I wouldn't be surprised if they win out. They are a very dangerous team and have what it takes to beat UO.... Utah was an outlier.

Bama will obviously not be jumped if we win out, and if we do then what happens with the other teams isn't our concern.

If Bama does lose (I would guess only to LSU) then we still win the SEC with 1 loss. If those other teams lose, which is still very likely, then there is a very good chance we still get in. Two years in a row we have proven beyond a doubt that we are the best team in the country, even with a loss. If it comes down to one undefeated team and a couple of 1-loss teams then Bama should get the nod hands down.

And as we saw today, crazy s--t happens in the SEC, particularly where Auburn is concerned. The crucial horsecollar no-call late in the game today is a perfect example of the charmed life they sometimes lead. Who can ever forget Ingram's twenty-yard-on-a-straight-line fumble (for a touchback) against those b-----d in 2010? You could try to duplicate the trajectory of that ball down the sideline for the next ten years and never see it happen. But somehow, it did.

If I didn't know better, I'd think somebody down there made a deal with the devil. Pat Dye?

Why do you guys insist on bringing Auburn into this conversation? No one else is. Thi sis about the contenders..Oregon, Bama, FSU. ITs not about AU. Stop trying to inject them into the discussion.

Post subject: Re: Re: Bama, FSU, Oregon. Who is better?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 am 
All-American

Mr. Pink wrote:

No way Bama gets the nod again in that scenario, with all the Bama fatigue around the country. No one outside of us wants us to win the final BCS Championship, ESPECIALLY since it will be our third in a row.

We HAVE to keep winning while we still control our destiny this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:12 am 
Starter

FSU is better than Oregon at this point. I would trust our Defense to give either of their offenses serious trouble. I don't have any worries about scoring on Oregon. FSU's defense looks very good, though.

Right now, I'd say it's:

1. Alabama
2. FSU
3. Oregon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:20 am 
That Guy

Vertical wrote:
FSU is better than Oregon at this point. I would trust our Defense to give either of their offenses serious trouble. I don't have any worries about scoring on Oregon. FSU's defense looks very good, though.

Right now, I'd say it's:

1. Alabama
2. FSU
3. Oregon

Agreed. OU still hasn't played anyone in my opinion. FSU just throttled a good Clemson team. FSU also has a chance to show out against a top ranked (although overrated) Miami team and a good VaTech team in the ACCCG. UO still has UCLA and Stanford and their PAC12CG but FSU seems to be better all around whereas UO is nothing but offense offense offense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 am 
All-American

FSU is good but please keep in mind Clemson was really over rated. Their D might've been the worst in the top 10 aside form TAMU. Oregon would be a greater challenge than FSU just because of their style of play. Both have really good QBs though...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:36 am 
Gamechanger

Tidestalker wrote:
FSU is good but please keep in mind Clemson was really over rated. Their D might've been the worst in the top 10 aside form TAMU. Oregon would be a greater challenge than FSU just because of their style of play. Both have really good QBs though...

Yeah Clemson isn't that good, they struggled against Boston College and NC State. Clemson beat Georgia because Georgia has a terrible defense.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:10 pm 
HS Prospect

Might as well add my opinion.

Bama beats LSU, our toughest game. Bama beats auburn, but it is the Iron Bowl. I think the SEC championship game is a win for us. I was worried about playing Georgia again, but not a problem now.

Oregon wins out. FSU wins out, but they won't leapfrog Oregon. We play Oregon in the championship game. Oregon is tough, but give Saban that long to prepare and it is another championship for us!!!

:BD: :BD: :BD:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:38 pm 
Starter

Bama Guy wrote:
Might as well add my opinion.

Bama beats LSU, our toughest game. Bama beats auburn, but it is the Iron Bowl. I think the SEC championship game is a win for us. I was worried about playing Georgia again, but not a problem now.

Oregon wins out. FSU wins out, but they won't leapfrog Oregon. We play Oregon in the championship game. Oregon is tough, but give Saban that long to prepare and it is another championship for us!!!

:BD: :BD: :BD:

Unless Oregon struggles with some team, and FSU continues to completely stomp everyone, I don't see FSU jumping Oregon either, so I agree with your opinion.

Post subject: Re: Re: Bama, FSU, Oregon. Who is better?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:38 pm 
Heisman Winner

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris wrote:
Mr. Pink wrote:

No way Bama gets the nod again in that scenario, with all the Bama fatigue around the country. No one outside of us wants us to win the final BCS Championship, ESPECIALLY since it will be our third in a row.

We HAVE to keep winning while we still control our destiny this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Bama fatigue? Are we not ranked #1 in the country right now? How does that equal Bama fatigue exactly? If there was some conspiracy backed by the Bama haters where they didn't want us to get 3 in a row, we wouldn't be ranked #1 right now.

If we are ranked ahead of all the undefeated teams now, why wouldn't we be ranked ahead of all the 1 loss teams? Outside of timing of the loss, we would be the top ranked 1 loss team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 am 
Redshirt

philipbrassell wrote:

Nobody.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 am 
All-SEC

RiverCityTider wrote:
Oregon and FSU are scary good. Better than the LSU, Texas ancd certainly Notre Dame teams we played in the championship.

We have LSU, Auburn, and the SEC championship game. Oregon has UCLA and Standford and The PAC 12 Title game. FSU has Miami and goes to Gainsville.

First, no one on FSU's schedule beats the Noles. I watched Standford and UCLA. I don't think they are capable of beating the Ducks.

We are the most likely to lose a game, although I do think we are the bet team in the SEC. On the other hand, I think we get a pass to the big dance if we win out. No way an undefeated Bama gets left out.

But this year we have to win them all. There wil be no back door.

Our lack of pass rush concerns me. Winston or Mariota might be deadly if we can't bring pressure.

yep ...

scary ...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 56 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next